Monday, November 28, 2011

Finally a reason to watch commercials

Quite a few years ago I started buying the gladware type stuff. I was trying to be more organized. I would like to say at that time I was also trying to be environmental, but that was not the case. Probably it started with my parents buying the gladware and me in my early (maybe late, sorry mom and dad) twenties going to their house to grocery shop. But I did start at some point not only grocery shopping on my own, but also buying food storage containers.

It became a nightmare. Both Glad and Ziploc seemed like nice products at first, but then BOTH of them would change their tops or bottoms and no new purchases would fit the old ones. So, then I was stuck with a bunch of bottoms and tops and I had no idea what belonged to what. I was so tired of opening cupboards and having them fall out at me and having the poor kids listen to me swear at the containers. It's just no fun for anyone.

When we moved to Roanoke, I decided enough was enough and I threw out all my old containers and I bought Rubbermaid containers from Target. $20 bought me several sizes and I probably have 3 of these. They are great because I know as long as the size is right the lid will fit. But still it was making quite the mess in the drawer as the containers and the lids take up a lot of space.



*but*

last weekend, Thanksgiving weekend, I was either watching Football or a cooking show and for some reason we had a commercial up. I *never* watch commercials. I think the best thing about digital tv is that I can record everything so I watch nothing in real time, but for whatever reason I was watching real time this day.

They had a lady in her kitchen talking about her food storage containers, then opened a cupboard and all the containers fell out on top of her. I laughed because I have so been there. Then, the commercial went on to talk about my Rubbermaid containers and how they all stack into each other and how the lids stack together and snap to the bottom of the containers.

I HAD NO IDEA.

I have had these for months! I felt like a fool, but I was telling a friend this weekend, and she said she had the same ones and also had no idea.

My drawer now is so organized! It's the absolute best it's been in 20 years. I am so excited. And I am aware of how my life has changed that I am now excited by the organization of my drawers. But, If you have the crazy drawer from hell get Rubbermaid  . It may not make your life all better, but it certainly will make a small change in making it more organized and happier!


I wish they had done a better job of advertising the stacking bonus. I was glad to find out I was not the only one. Maybe you have a stacking mess too?

No comments:

Post a Comment