Friday, July 1, 2011

I love berry season






Growing up in Alberta, I always anxiously awaited the arrival of BC fruit. Every year I would give myself a tummy ache gorging on cherries. Since leaving I have not had a lot of luck finding fruit that I enjoyed the same way (with the exception of the apples in Quebec). Until this year in Virginia.



We are very lucky in that there is a small farm quite close to us. I have developed the habit of stopping in with the kids to see what's available at Jamison's Orchard. Lately it's been blackberries, raspberries and peaches. As in the ones in the picture in my previous blog.



Yesterday they also had plums. I had to take a picture of the blackberries and plums. They have the biggest blackberries I have ever seen, but also the smallest plums I have ever seen. What do you think?




























































No comments:

Post a Comment